Ottawa Asphalt Paving Services
For a quote on Asphalt Paving or driveway repair call us now at (613) 298-5934
Asphalt Paving: It’s “Green”
Did you know that asphalt is 100% recyclable? Now that you know, having an asphalt paved driveway just got that much better!
When landscaping your home, you have many decisions to make; style, function, space, furniture, gardening, design – but putting the fun stuff aside, you also need to think about who will do the labour and what materials to use to make it all come to life. When considering the multitude of materials available, recognize this: asphalt is environmentally friendly.
Asphalt is actually the most recycled material in North America; even more than newspaper, glass, aluminum and plastic! On the surface it may look black, but really it is “green.” That is, it’s eco-friendly. Starting off as a way to cut costs, the Ontario Ministry of Transportation began allowing the use of reclaimed asphalt in paving roads. As environmental awareness and concerns grew in popularity, these regulations expanded to include the asphalt used in driveways and parking lots, as well as allowing a higher percentage of reclaimed asphalt overall.
Benefits of using Reclaimed Asphalt:
- The use of precious, non-renewable resources is significantly reduced.
- CO2 omissions generated by the extraction and transportation of new asphalt is reduced
- Landfills are already overloaded; recycling asphalt reduces the material needed to be disposed of.
- Ensures a premium quality asphalt for paving projects as the exact content of the asphalt is more consistent than virgin material since it has been primed more than once
- Paving with asphalt adds to a “bank” of material for future generations to recycle as it can be recycled over and over again
Asphalt is the Safe Choice
When considering what materials you use inside your home, you try to choose those that are safest for your family. Do the same on the outside of your home by choosing asphalt. Asphalt doesn’t leach toxins. Even drinking water reservoirs and municipal water pipes are often lined with asphalt and asphalt cement, while natural resource and wildlife agencies also use asphalt pavement to line ponds and for their roads. With all of these examples in mind, you see that asphalt is safe to use in even the most sensitive areas. An asphalt driveway also adds to the safety of your family and guests as it ensures that they drive and walk on a solid, level surface. Our concern in updating your property is the safety of you and your family, making asphalt our number one choice in driveway material.
The Paving Process
When we come to pave your driveway, we remove all existing asphalt. This is where the recycling process begins. With you and with our services. Choosing us as your Ottawa paving professional not only adds property value to your home as we take great care in creating a driveway that out shines and out lasts other companies, it also ensures that you give back to the environment at the same time. Whether your driveway needs repair or will be newly paved, the asphalt used can later be recycled to be used again.
The Life of Asphalt
Asphalt has a life span of twenty to thirty years. Our professional landscaping and paving services aim to create a quality pavement that will last toward the high end of this range. To determine if your driveway needs paving, check the following;
- Cracks: Cracks may appear in a linear pattern, creating long lines in your driveway, or in a spider web, centering in one area and expanding out in various directions. You may also notice cracks near the side of your driveway where a bit of the pavement has caved in a little. Cracks are an important sign in determining whether your driveway needs repair as they are a huge problem in Ottawa weather. When water gets into the cracks and freezes, the asphalt will expand and create new cracks, leaving room for grass and weeds to grow.
- Uneven: Your driveway may not be level anymore, especially around the area of your house or garage. This can become dangerous when walking on it and in the winter when the snow and ice build up on the levels of your driveway that are lowest.
- Colour: When asphalt is fresh, it is black and has a solid matte to it. The change in this colour and polished look is a sign that your asphalt is old. It has aged and faded with the sun, weather conditions and everything you have been putting or using on it over the years.
If you see any of these signs that your asphalt is nearing the end of its life, it’s time to recycle it!
Never had Asphalt?
If your current driveway is not paved, the signs above will not speak to you. In this case, the last sign that you need your driveway paved is that you simply do not have asphalt. You may currently have a dirt or stone driveway; stop dragging all of that dirt, mud and stones into your house, garage, grass, gardens and patio, and pave that driveway already! Once the asphalt is down, you will notice a whole new cleanliness to your yard and home.
Paved Driveway = Added Home Value
Your driveway is the first thing a person sees when passing by or coming to your home. Make a great first impression. Add curb-appeal to your home by creating a driveway that catches the eye. Greet your guests with a smooth, polished entrance by paving your driveway with asphalt. Whether you are considering selling your home or staying, you want to invest in your property. Having a paved driveway is a solid investment toward your property value. An asphalt driveway can improve the look of your home for decades to come.
Bottom Line: Why Asphalt?
Asphalt not only looks and feels beautiful, but its recyclability also makes it beautiful “behind the scenes” as well. All of the benefits listed above, as well as the fact that asphalt can out last other types of paving and landscaping, highlight the reasons to choose asphalt when looking at repairing your driveway.
There are so many reasons to pave your driveway with asphalt, but as the emphasis on caring for our environment increases, the eco-friendly reasons above seem even more important! Let us help you make the environmentally friendly move toward paving your driveway and upgrading your Ottawa home.
Is it time for a new Asphalt Paving driveway?
Let us install a Asphalt Paving driveway that will last. With a full line of asphalt equipment, Ottawa paving is made simple and easy with quality that will out last all the others.
We remove all existing asphalt and prepare your subgrade. Then we pave a 3″ asphalt mat that is thicker and better then all our competitors! Curb appeal matters, and our Ottawa paving services are top notch. Trust out team to pave your driveway and increase the appeal and value of your home. Driveway paving is a job best left to our team of asphalt experts.
Give us a call at Landscape One today to schedule your free quote.